Noordanus AdvocatuurCompensation after wrongful detention

Compensation after wrongful detention

If you receive a dismissal decision or are acquitted at trial by the court and you have been detained at the police station or in prison, you may request compensation for the days you spent in custody.

Mr. Noordanus has already submitted many compensation requests for her clients and can assist you in filing such a request with the court. A request for compensation must be submitted no later than 3 months after the acquittal or dismissal decision. Such a request literally costs you nothing, as the costs of the lawyer for submitting the request are included in the petition and reimbursed by the Dutch State.


The texts on this website cannot be used as a basis for any legal rights. Additionally, these texts should not be considered as legal advice. For legal advice tailored to your specific situation, please contact the law firm.