Noordanus AdvocatuurConversion of community service to imprisonment

Conversion of community service to imprisonment

If you have been sentenced to community service but the probation service finds that you are not performing it or not performing it adequately, the probation service can refer the case back to the Public Prosecution Service. The Public Prosecution Service may then decide that instead of performing community service, you must serve the days in prison. However, for various reasons, you may not have performed the community service and may not wish to go to prison. Mr. Noordanus can then file an objection on your behalf with the court against the decision of the Public Prosecution Service. This must be done within 14 days of receiving the letter stating that your community service has been converted to a prison sentence. Therefore, please contact us as soon as possible after receiving this letter!


The texts on this website cannot be used as a basis for any legal rights. Additionally, these texts should not be considered as legal advice. For legal advice tailored to your specific situation, please contact the law firm.