Noordanus AdvocatuurPublic Prosecution Service settlement

Public Prosecution Service settlement

If you receive a penal order from the Public Prosecution Service (OM), paying it means you agree to the offense for which you received the penal order. This will result in a notation on your criminal record. If you disagree with the penal order you received, you must file an objection within 14 days of the date of the penal order. After filing an objection, your case will be heard by a judge.

You may also be invited to a meeting with the Public Prosecutor. During this meeting, you are allowed to bring a lawyer. Before the meeting, you can discuss the entire case file thoroughly with your lawyer so that you are well-prepared. A meeting with the Public Prosecutor has the same consequences for your criminal record as a hearing in court.

Noordanus Advocatuur is ready to assist you in both filing an objection, if necessary, and in attending a meeting with the Public Prosecutor.


The texts on this website cannot be used as a basis for any legal rights. Additionally, these texts should not be considered as legal advice. For legal advice tailored to your specific situation, please contact the law firm.